Step 5: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Keeping Belongings & Home Safe After Water Removal in Dallas and Richardson
We use the most advanced restoration technology to save as many of your home’s belongings as possible.
Today, over 90% of a home’s belongings can be saved if it’s done quickly and with the right tools and techniques.
Water Damage Cleanup Quick Terms
- Esporta Wash System. The most advanced clothing and textile sanitation technology available today. We are one of the few certified firms in DFW.
- ATP Testing. A type of testing that measures the number of living organisms on a surface. It's used to test and validate cleanliness.
- Water Categories. The IICRC has classified water into 3 categories to determine how safe it is to touch. The category is used for safety and to determine how to clean items.
Sanitizing After Category 2 Gray and Category 3 Black Water Damage
These two categories mean water contains contamination and should be handled with caution.
- Do not allow anyone, including pets, to touch this water.
- Affected areas are pre and post-treated with biocides and antimicrobials to keep everyone safe and to prevent future growth.
Esporta Wash System for Textile and Clothing Cleaning
Your items touched by contaminated water may be salvaged using Esporta. We have the highest success rate in the industry, even over dry cleaners.
- Items Sanitized to Food-Grade Safe
- Results Validated With ATP
- Soft Toys
- Bedding and Linens
- Sports Equipment
Cleanup and Sanitation During Water Restoration in Plano and DFW
SERVPRO of Richardson specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. Learn more about Contents Restoration.
- Dry Cleaning
- Wet Cleaning
- Spray and Wipe
- Foam Cleaning
- Abrasive Cleaning
- Immersion Cleaning
Odor Removal and Deodorization
We are trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors. Our technical expertise and industrial grade air scrubbers and fogging equipment go well beyond simply masking odors and other shortcuts that don’t work when your odor problem is serious or persistent.
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
- Air Scrubbers and Fogging Equipment
Depending on the scenario, we may use antimicrobial, antibacterial, or disinfectant treatments to clean your property.
- Antimicrobial and Antibacterial Treatments
- Sanitizing and Disinfectant Treatments
We will remove and dispose of damaged materials with guidance from you and your insurance adjuster.
- Properly Dispose of Refuse