Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Quick Terms for Water Damage Restoration in Plano and Richardson
- Air Mover: commercial grade pieces of high-speed equipment made to promote evaporation.
- Truck Mount: a powerful engine inside of our water damage vehicles capable of extracting thousands of gallons of water quickly.
- For more terms, read our Water Damage Restoration Process Terms article.
Our technicians follow IICRC standards and are trained in the Science of Water Damage Remediation to get your property restored correctly. Besides the process you’ll read about below, we will also focus on other restoration needs you may need.
Water Damaged Furniture and Other Belongings
Furniture, upholstery, and other contents commonly found in homes may be saved. Our technicians will determine what items have a chance of being restored and will recommend they be moved out and taken back to our cleaning facility. If the item cannot be restored, it will be documented for your insurance company.
Sanitizing Clothing and Textiles with Esporta Wash System
SERVPRO of Richardson is one of the few Esporta Wash System operators also able to perform water damage restoration in Plano and Richardson. We have the highest success rate in the industry, and we can sanitize clothing, soft toys, blankets, sports equipment, and other textiles.
Electronics Restoration Services
Some wet electronics may be able to be salvaged. Do not touch the affected electronic! Allow a professional to take it for possible restoration. What is not able to be restored will be reported to your insurance adjuster.
Other Water Mitigation Considerations
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Richardson can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.